Adina-Leigh is a solicitor in the litigation department, having joined Lawbridge Solicitors, now incorporated into Grant Saw Solicitors LLP, when she qualified in 2015. She graduated from Huddersfield University in 2013 with First Class Honours (LL.B) and Commendation in her Masters of Law and Practice degree (LPC). In July 2017, she was also awarded a Distinction for her Masters in Law in Legal Practice (LL.M).
Adina-Leigh undertakes a range of contentious work for both individuals and companies. She has a particular interest in contentious insolvency and property matters and frequently represents clients at the County Courts and Companies Court in London. Her areas of expertise include:
- Presenting and defending statutory demands;
- Presenting and defending bankruptcy and winding up petitions;
- Applications for possession and sale;
- Annulment and rescission applications;
- Urgent applications for validation orders;
- Antecedent transactions proceedings;
- Misfeasance and director’s disqualification proceedings;
- Contractual disputes;
- Shareholder disputes;
- Landlord and tenant disputes including possession proceedings; and
- Debt recovery and enforcement.
Her recent work includes:
- Successfully defending a bankruptcy petition presented by HMRC for £3 million.
- Successfully establishing a constructive trust on which a beneficial interest in a property arose and subsequently negotiating favourable terms of settlement.
- Obtaining an urgent validation order to unfreeze a company’s bank accounts within 48
hours of being instructed.
- Providing urgent advice to corporate tenants following the landlord preventing access to the premises.
- Advising and successfully recovering circa £150,000 in unpaid invoices from a debtor company entangled in insolvency proceedings.
- Successfully negotiating the termination of a commercial contract with a lengthy fixed term remaining, on terms that were highly favourable to our client.
Outside of work Adina-Leigh’s main hobbies include playing the violin, in which she holds a Grade 8 ABRSM certificate, and playing football for her local ladies’ team who were recently promoted to the Premier Division of the London & South-East Regional Women's Football League. She enjoys staying active at the gym, reading, socialising with friends and family and regularly travels back to East Anglia to visit them.
Adina-Leigh Collins Services
- Landlord repossession and payment of arrears of rent
- Landlord reposession
- Debt recovery
- Commercial rent arrears
- Winding up petition
- Statutory Demands For Business
- Avoiding Liquidation
- Frozen Accounts or assets - Validation order
- Creditors in a Liquidation
- Recovery from Directors and company officers - Overdrawn Director's loan account
- Voidable - Antecedent Transactions
- Phoenix Trading
- Company directors disqualification proceedings
- Debt recovery
- Dilapidations Disputes
Articles by Adina-Leigh Collins
The Government demands Carillion’s directors’ past and present be investigated. What are the Liquidator’s powers?
On Monday 15 January 2018, Carillion PLC, one of the UK’s biggest construction firms, and 5 associated companies, entered into the formal insolvency process known as Liquidation.
It is reported that the company has a staggering …