Angus 's bio
Angus is a practical, approachable and business-minded dispute resolution solicitor with extensive experience resolving commercial and media disputes for both individuals and businesses.
Angus’s growing commercial practice includes acting for landlords in disputed lease renewal proceedings, advising in respect of professional negligence and contract disputes, providing comprehensive data protection advice and managing tenant evictions. Angus is comfortable adapting to work with clients’ existing corporate setups and has a good rapport with in-house lawyers and PR professionals.
Angus also has a great deal of experience in defamation and privacy matters acting for and advising both claimants and defendants whose private information has been misused or who have found themselves the victim of untrue allegations. He regularly advises individuals and companies ahead of threatened publication of (usually) negative or unhelpful media reports.
Examples of Recent Work
- Angus has worked on some of the more notorious twitter libel cases including McAlpine v Bercow and regularly advises clients in respect of online and social media publications;
- He has brought a number of successful privacy actions on behalf of clients and recently acted for a vulnerable young woman whose information was inadvertently published;
- Angus recently worked collaboratively with the in-house team at an international company to successfully resolve a health and safety dispute with potentially dire reputational consequences; and
- He has successfully acted for landlords in the last few months to, in one instance renew a commercial tenancy agreement and, at the other end of the spectrum, to successfully evict an unwanted commercial tenant.
After training at Carter-Ruck Angus was admitted to the roll in 2014. He joined Slater and Gordon’s highly ranked Media, Libel and Privacy team before arriving at Grant Saw in early 2017.
Angus Young Services
- Misuse of Private Information
- Debt recovery
- Debt recovery
- Dilapidations Disputes
- Landlord reposession