Sarah-Kate is a partner and heads up the firm’s litigation department. After qualifying in 2006 at a firm in the West End of London, Sarah-Kate joined Grant Saw in 2007, becoming head of litigation in 2012 and a partner in 2014.
She undertakes a range of contentious work for companies and individuals, successfully advising both claimant and defendant clients in a variety of claims brought before the High Court, County Court and Tribunal. She has a particular interest in the resolution of property related disputes and is regularly instructed by commercial landlords and tenants.
Sarah-Kate’s areas of expertise include:
- Lease renewals
- Leasehold enfranchisement
- Boundary disputes
- Possession proceedings
- Adverse possession
- Professional negligence disputes
- Partnership disputes
- Debt recovery/enforcement
- Contractual disputes
Sarah-Kate’s recent work includes:
- Advising a landlord in respect of ’54 Act lease renewal proceedings of a multi-million pound property in the City;
- Successfully defending an injunction issued on informal notice to prevent a mortgagee’s sale and recovering costs on an indemnity basis;
- Obtaining the strike out of a substantial claim brought against a former director under s.214 of the Insolvency Act, resulting in a significant costs order; and
- Advising and successfully concluding a multi-claim partnership dispute following partnership dissolution.
Sarah-Kate is a member of the Property Litigation Association, London Solicitors Litigation Association and the Commercial Litigation Association.
Outside of work Sarah-Kate enjoys spending time with family and friends, playing netball, running and supporting local charities.
"Sarah is an excellent lawyer. She has sound judgement, an approachable professional manner and is steely when the need arises. I particularly recommend her for property litigation."
Toby Bishop Barrister at Field Court Chambers
"I have been using Grant Saw solicitors for many years, having previously instructed a city firm. Sarah-Kate has dealt with a number of disputes for me where the outcomes, sometimes against the odds, have been successful. She has provided an excellent service and I will continue to use Grant Saw."
"I would like to express my appreciation of the efficient manner in which you conducted these negotiations and discussions on my behalf. This helped to achieve a positive result to the action including, of course, the recovery of costs.
Thank you again and I would certainly recommend/use your firm in the future should the occasion arise."
"During life's journey unexpected and illogical events occur. Sometimes litigation involving property cannot be avoided; injunctions can be very last minute events. Having access to a good solicitor able to 'do what it takes' in the interests of the client, including supplying well-briefed legal representation at Court, is a great relief. Grant Saw do all of that, including working over weekends to try to get a result which is correct and fair. We would definitely call on Grant Saw's services again on all property-related matters"
Christopher and Ellie Mann
"Sarah-Kate combines a steely determination, and dedication, to her clients with an intelligence, and good humour, that puts her, in my view, in the top echelon of her profession. I have unhesitatingly recommended her to friends and lay clients alike."
Duncan Kynoch, 25 years call, Barrister, Selborne Chambers
Sarah-Kate Jackson Services
- Debt recovery
- Boundary disputes and adverse possession
- Contractual disputes
- Professional negligence
- Recovery of residential service charges
- Breach of commercial leases
- Commercial rent arrears
- Landlord repossession
- Landlord repossession and payment of arrears of rent
- Debt recovery
- Dilapidations Disputes
- Landlord reposession
Articles by Sarah-Kate Jackson