Grant Saw Solicitors LLP, a leading firm of solicitors in South London having a staff of 50 and a turnover of in excess of £4m is seeking to recruit a Marketing and Business Development Manager. This is a new role at the firm.
We are seeking an enthusiastic Marketing and Business Development Manager to join our entrepreneurial and dynamic multi-service law firm
Reporting directly to the Partners, the successful applicant will enjoy broad responsibility for driving forward marketing and business development both online and by more traditional methods.
Working with the Partners to establish priorities in line with the firm’s requirements and your skillset it is likely that the role will initially include the following as early projects:
- the effective use firm’s new Client Relationship Management system, Tikit Connect together with the associated Tikit emarketing software
- A review of the format of the firm’s existing newsletters
- Using both of the above to provide good quality content and structured communications at appropriate intervals (and in line with GDPR) to the firm’s clients and prospects
- Working with the firm’s Marketing Partner and Managing Partner to agree the firm’s marketing strategy and budget and having agreed those priorities creating implementing and reviewing each department’s separate marketing strategy in conjunction with heads of department with reviews and monitoring. These should in turn result in new multi-channel marketing initiatives with which you may to a lesser or greater extent become involved
- Maximising the creative use and effectiveness of the firm’s existing social media accounts and establishing new ones such as Instagram
- Assisting each head of department to identify growth opportunities, and facilitating those where appropriate
- Maintenance (in collaboration with the firm’s IT Manager) of the website and making use of SEO and Google Analytics to ensure the firm is maximising its Overseeing work necessary via the CRM or otherwise to market effectively to the clients for whom the firm is holding a Will and/or a Lasting Power of Attorney
- Bringing forward new ideas for the marketing of the firm’s brand or services
- Monitoring expenditure in line with the budget allocated
The role may also include:
- Planning, developing and executing print and online marketing (including “pay per click” campaigns)
- Monitoring of email marketing campaigns using the features of Tikit Connect
- Organising and assisting with growing a CRM database/marketing analytics
- Updating and maintaining content for the company website and social media
- Event organisation / operational support for departmental events
- Market research and intelligence gathering
- Branded / Promotional material ideas, sourcing and maintenance
Skills and knowledge required:
- Either have experience in marketing for a firm of solicitors or similar professional services company or demonstrate a knowledge and understanding of the target client markets
- Demonstrate that you are both creative and innovative
- Understand social media etiquette and working within the guidelines imposed by the SRA Principles and the SRA Codes of Conduct 2019 and the firm’s policies.
- Organising events including negotiating pricing and creating invitations and managing the whole process
- Have exceptional communication skills and be confident generally as well as in public speaking and in networking
- Have exceptional organisational skills and be able to meet agreed time frames and deadlines
- Ideally have experience in the use of Excel and marketing analytics, presentation, communication and design software such as
- Google analytics
- Google My Business & Bing places for Business
- Google Adwords
- Knowledge of crawler and auditing tools e.g ScreamingFrog
- Knowledge of the main social media platforms, Twitter, Instagram, Facebook and LinkedIn.
- Creating HTML newsletters
- Use of an e-marketing platform such as Mailchimp
- One or more CRM systems
- Be comfortable working on your own to develop a project whilst collaborating with and managing the expectations of others
About Grant Saw
We are forward-thinking and commercially-minded. We are award-winning and hold a number of industry-recognised accreditations. We have a strategic focus to secure our position as the dominant force in the South London Legal market and to extend our geographical influence. The firm is renowned for its progressive and collaborative culture, which stands it apart from many of its competitors.
The firm is based in Greenwich, with branch offices in Blackheath and Sidcup is filled with an impressive range of both legal and commercial talent; it is recognised for its innovative ways of working, and working environment, which is a step ahead of many other firms.
The firm's modernity is reflected in its offices, working practices and flexible approach - this has resulted in fantastic staff retention and a company -wide feeling that each and every one of its employees are valued.
We are at the forefront of the technological and legal curve, and have exciting plans for expansion in the future.
Your role is to help boost its journey of growth and success. You will be a key player in the team, with the objectives of growing the firm's client base and helping the firm to grow its business.
We promote diversity, equality and fair treatment in all aspects of our work. It is our policy that as a provider of marketing and business development recruitment services, we will work to address existing inequalities, eliminate discrimination and promote equal opportunities and diversity. We translate this into all aspects of our everyday work and will aim to prevent discrimination or other unfair treatment against any of our staff or any users of our services regardless of gender, age, race, colour, nationality, ethnic origins, disability, marital status, sexual orientation or political and religious beliefs.
Salary Competitive according to skills and experience. We will consider applications from both full time and part time applicants. We will match responsibilities to your working hours.
Application Deadline: 14th February 2020
Apply with CV and covering letter together explaining why you are suited to this role to:-
Ray Crudgington, Managing Partner, Grant Saw Solicitors LLP, Wood Wharf Building, Horseferry Place, Greenwich London SE10 9BB or by e-mail [email protected]
If applying by e-mail please put the phrase “Marketing Manager” in the subject heading.
Please refer to our policy with details of how to withdraw your consent and your other rights.
Grant Saw Solicitors are also looking to recruit a temporary Receptionist although the position may lead to a permanent role.
The role will commence on 23rd March 2020 and will initially finish on 30th June 2020.
We are looking for someone with front office experience as the role will include:-
- Answering the telephone and transferring calls internally on a Mitel digital system
- Welcoming clients and visitors to the office and ensuring they see the relevant person
- Scanning incoming post and saving to our Case Management system
- Using an online system to check the identity of clients as required and saving the results
- Booking meeting rooms via Outlook
- Arranging couriers for delivery of papers and items
- Arranging refreshments for visitors
- Keeping the Reception area tidy and replenish crockery and refreshments as appropriate
Training will be given on our systems and processes.