We are delighted to be an accredited member of the Law Society's Wills and Inheritance Quality Scheme (WIQS).
This shows that we follow best practice to achieve the high standards of technical expertise in client service and provide tailored Wills and Probate advice to our clients. We were one of the first firm's in England and Wales to achieve this accreditation. Four of our solicitors and other staff are WIQS accredited.
Why choose a WIQS accredited firm?
1. Understand the options and get advice to meet your needs:
- We will not make any misleading claims about the advantages of making a Will, or pressure you into paying for more complex advice which is not in your best interests
- We will help you understand the issues in preparing a Will, or seeking Probate advice, to make a more informed choice from the outset
- Our dedicated Wills and Probate Service is tailored to your needs. We will explain the process, options, costs and likely timescales and keep you updated at all times
2. Receive quality service and be kept up to date:
- We will provide you with the names of the persons responsible for your matter
- We will agree how you want us to contact you, and how often
- We will communicate with you in plain English, explaining any legal terminology
- We will reply to your questions within 48 hours or provide a timeframe for more complex issues
- We will tell you when unforeseen issues affect the original cost estimate and timeframe, and explaining the impact
- We will treat you with dignity and respect at all times
3. Trust Practices with WIQS:
- WIQS is only open to law firms or other organisations that are authorised and regulated by the Solicitors' Regulation Authority (SRA)
- The senior responsible office, or head of department, must have at least three years' experience of will drafting and estate administration
- Accredited solicitors and other staff complete mandatory training on the WIQS standards, and show compliance through annual reaccreditation and ongoing enforcement checks by the Law Society
- If you are not happy with our service, or the advice received, contact our Client Care Partner, Mr Raymond Crudgington. If you are not happy with our response, you can find further information about progressing your complaint on the Solicitors' Regulations Authority website – www.sra.org.uk. The Law Society will await the decision from the regulator before taking any action
To give you further confidence and to protect you against fraud, the Law Society's accreditation process included checking the identity of our practice and all individuals delivering Wills and Probate advice, regulatory and insurance checks and approval of financial and risk management procedures.
Check that we are authorised and regulated by the Solicitors' Regulation Authority and our WIQS accreditation by searching for us on the Law Society's Find a Solicitor website: www.lawsociety.org.uk/findasolicitor.
You can find further informaiton on the WIQ client charter page on lawsociety.org.uk
The WIQs team at Grant Saw